Bethesda, MD or Washington, DC, Competitive Pay
Expected Start Date: September 16th, 2019
The Joint Service Provider (JSP) provides a full range of information technology products, services, solutions and customer support to the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) and the Joint Staff (JS), the Director of Administration (DA), the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA), the Washington Headquarters Services (WHS), the Headquarters Department of the Army, and various JSP supported organizations and agencies to meet mission and business requirements. JSP also provides advice and assistance to senior managers to ensure that Information Technology (IT) and information resources are managed in a manner that implements the policies and procedures of legislation and the priorities established by the Department of Defense.
JSP requires annual software maintenance for over 250 different software manufacturers and software titles. Currently, JSP holds one or more separate contracts from each manufacturer. The purpose of this contract will consolidate disparate and numerous software asset contracts into a singular contract to manage and purchase software maintenance and licenses to meet the Government’s requirement for software technical support, renewals, and licensing plus provide manufacturer access to Government required fixes, patches, and updates. These services include, but are not limited to, the following categories/sets of activities:
- The contractor shall manage software maintenance licenses and renewals to improve on-time software maintenance renewal. The contractor shall purchase software maintenance renewals and licenses on behalf of JSP.
- The contractor shall reduce maintenance costs for software through co-terming and syncing products from the same manufacturer. The contractor shall reduce maintenance costs by recommending software and software maintenance candidates to be retired.
- The contractor shall improve software asset management compliance by linking the JSP Supported Products List (SPL) to a software license/maintenance management tool, updating the software library, and updating the contracts in the asset management database.
TIC is seeking a Project Manager that shall serve as the Government’s primary Point of Contact (POC) for this effort and shall be authorized to report on the status of and direct all activities and staff under this effort. The Project Manager shall have the following, minimum education, experience, and
Requirements and Clearance:
- 5 years of experience supporting Information Technology with at least 2 years of experience working in a Federal environment
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations certification
- At least one DOD Baseline Certification for Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II, and Certified Software Asset Management (CSAM) certification or equal
- Secret Clearance