Location: Washington DC
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Manage, oversee and coordinate all aspects of medium-to-large, typically more complex projects from award through completion. This includes overall site management of project(s) for successful and timely completion, within budget, as required by the contract. May handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Use originality and ingenuity to translate a wide variety of customer needs/requirements into detailed proposals and project plans
- Review and approve estimated project costs prior to bid, and provide technical assistance to sales force when required
- Participate in project design engineering
- Oversee subcontractor selection process and work. This includes the preparation of project schedules, subcontracts, and change proposals, as well as the management of project invoices and collections.
- Proactively communicate project requirements to project team and wider organization when required
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of job status, job changes, material flow and other control records necessary for processing of internal and external reports.
- Act as our customer’s best service provider at all times thereby ensuring TIC is the customer’s first choice for service.
- Identify potential project risks and develop/implement strategies to minimize impact on estimated costs and project deadlines.
- Proactively communicate project schedules, project change proposals, and related project activities on a regular basis with customer, and seek to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate the procurement of materials, supplies, services, and controls necessary for timely and cost-effective completion of projects within budget.
- Establish project milestones and analyze costs; utilize financial systems to review actual vs. estimated job cost and to provide timely and accurate project cost reports
- Identify reasons for low job site productivity and determine the impact on the project
- Adjust project plan and/or project cost estimates as necessary to meet financial goals.
- Manage the execution and review of all scope of work terms and conditions in customer contracts including cost control, delivery fulfillment, quality of service, and other customer requirements as they arise.
- Perform a limited range of managerial responsibilities including but not limited to: planning, assigning, and directing work; performance management; project budget.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
- Strong project management experience in a technical environment.
- Strong coaching, mentoring, leadership, and staff development skills.
- Actively seeks ways in which to act as a role model — guides, develops and mentors others within the organization.
- Shows initiative and engages in proactive behavior. Looks for opportunities.
- Highly adaptable–responds effectively to changes in situation or information.
- Ability to influence others and build consensus using written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills necessary to resolve problems.
- Strong financial analytical skills including cost control.
- Ability to facilitate a collaborative working environment for customers and team members.
- Strong Microsoft Outlook, Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of IT networking principles are a plus.
Desired Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Desired Experience: Minimum of 5 – 7 years of experience in operations, field service, sales, or project management. Experience in the following industries preferred (not required): electronic security, life safety and building automation.
Preferred Certifications (not required): Certified Security Project Manager (CSPM) Major ESS Systems, such as Lenel, Software House, etc. Physical Security Professional (PSP)
TIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to workforce diversity. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. We offer a smoke-free and drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen. Candidates must possess or be able to obtain a US Government Secret Security clearance. They must also be able to travel to both CONUS and OCONUS locations when required. All applications and resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted for an interview.
If interested, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.